Abundant Life Job Center
A Life Support Partnership with Aldersgate UMC Career Seekers
Workshops will be held for 30-45 minutes each Tuesday; these will cover various topics important to the job search success. After each Workshop, additional information will be available for those who want to consider the topic in more detail.
For each session attended in the Workshop cycle,participants will be given
their choice ofone all-day bus pass or$5.00 Braum’s gift certificate
GETTING READY FOR SUCCESS IN EMPLOYMENT!
· Why is time management important?
· What are some transportation options?
· How can I get ahead on my child support
· What are some job alternatives for me?
· How do I set goals?
WHERE OH WHERE DO I FIND A JOB?
· How do I set up an email account, voice mail, and a Work Force account?
· What is networking and how do I do it?
· Where to I look for employment?
· What documentation will I need and where do I get it.?
HOW DO I LAND THAT JOB?
· What skills do I have that can be used?
· How do I find and fill out applications?
· What type of resume is best for me to use?
· What type of references should I have?
· How should I prepare for a job interview?
· Why do people get hired?
· Why didn’t I get the job?
GOT THE JOB – NOW WHAT DO I DO?
· What should I expect from my employer?
· What will my employer expect from me?
· What are the worst mistakes made in the work force?
· What does professionalism mean?
· How do I handle stress?
· When I speak what am I really saying?
· How should I handle conflict resolution?
· Why do people get fired?
This is a fluid program. Participants can start at any point. Topics may change to fit the participants’ needs and other topics may be added if there is a need or interest.
The Cupboard is open to the public on Tuesday and Thursdays, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm in theLife Support Center.
Items are always needed to stock The Cupbard, especially protein-rich foods and ones that together can make a meal. Think: tuna, mac/cheese, peanutbutter, spaghetti sauce/noodles, just add water muffin/biscuit mixes, and ready to eat items for the homeless. We also collect toiletries. For a complete list email email@example.com
This is a shared project between New Covenant and Let's Rock and Roll and Change the World.
All who help with the garden can share in the harvest! We could use some waterers...sign up today
The garden is thriving! We were pleased to have the Sedgwick County Extension Office Community Garden Tour make a stop at the Dignity Garden.
We welcome Let's Rock and Roll and Change the World Community Connection to our Life Support Center! Community Connection provides assistance that sticks, and walks the path with those that need our help through clothing, food, education, and other resources to meet the needs of those in our community.
Giving Back to God, Neighborhood, and Community
Let's Rock and Roll and Change the World has a plan for a Tiny Home Village...check it out on their website:
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Parent Life is a ministry of Wichita Youth for Christ. Parent Life connects trained adults with pregnant girls and teenage parents in programs designed to help them make good choices and establish
a solid foundation, not only in their lives, but also in the lives of their babies. Like every ministry of YFC, Parent Life seeks to engage these young people wherever they are found as life-long
followers of Jesus Christ.
The rate of pregnancy among American teens is almost twice that of English and nearly four times that of French teenagers (Singh and Darroch, 2000). Pregnancy is only one aspect of the situation. The majority of the teens will go through with their pregnancy and choose to be the primary caregiver. We must come along side them and assist them to become the best moms and dads that they can.For more information contact Parent Life Director Pam Lehmer at
(316) 771-7961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Wichita Youth for Christ for more on the ministries offered in Wichita.